You will be able to access all of your accounts and credit cards on our new RepublicOnline and RepublicMobile banking platform. Some online and mobile banking services will be unavailable for brief periods during the conversion. We will advise of these downtime periods well in advance to help you prepare.
RepublicOnline and RepublicMobile App
Will I have to re-register for Online Banking?
Yes, you will receive a link via email to re-enroll in online banking with RepublicOnline. You will also be asked to download the RepublicMobile app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
Will I be able to see all my accounts and credit cards on the new platforms?
Yes. You will be able to see your accounts and credit cards (with your new Republic Bank account numbers).
Will my Online Banking username and password change?
Yes. You will be asked to change your username when using online banking. When you first access RepublicOnline after the conversion, you will be asked to login with your current username and password and once successful, you will be prompted to change your password and username to your preference.Your first time login process will be as follows:
- Enter Existing Username
- Enter Existing Password
- Change Password
- Change Username and (confirm email or enter email address)
- Set up security features:
- *Set Security Image: You will be asked to pick a security image from a list of security images. This image will be displayed each time you log into your account as a security measure. If you notice that the image is missing or incorrect in subsequent logins, you should not login to your account.
- *Set Secret Question and Corresponding Answer.
- *Enable Two-factor Authentication: Two-factor authentication is an extra layer of security that requires two distinct forms of identification in order to access your account. Your first form of identification is your password and security image. You may chose to receive an SMS, use the RepublicMobile App or enable facial recognition as a second form of identification.
Will I still have access to Online Banking during the switchover period?
All online banking services including online access to credit card balances and online transactions will be unavailable during a brief period immediately preceding the launch of the Bank’s new technology platforms. We will advise of this date well in advance to help you prepare and to minimise any inconvenience caused by the interruption in service.
Will I be able to pay bills online, during the switchover period?
Bill payment services will be unavailable during a brief period immediately preceding the launch of the Bank’s new technology platforms. We will advise of these dates well in advance to prepare you for the change. When the dates are confirmed, we highly recommend adjusting any payments that are due during this timeframe to ensure a timely payment, taking processing times into account.
Will I be able to view my e-statement history in Online Banking after the conversion is complete?
Your current e-statement history will be available on RepublicOnline or the RepublicMobile App up until to the conversion.
We recommend downloading and saving a year’s worth of statements for your records.
If you would like to access your e-statement history after the conversion, simply make a service request at your branch and we will happily assist.
Will my automatic bill payments be affected?
Saved scheduled payments (notifications as well) on your BNS Internet Banking will not be migrated to the new internet banking platform. Please take note of these saved scheduled payments, along with utility and third-party payment information, so that you can set them up on your new internet banking.